Friday, December 23, 2011

Wow, I am a slacker! Part 2

Thanksgiving! By far my favorite holiday, I. Love. To. Eat. This was a special one, my cousin, who joined the Navy in July came home for a visit. The best part was that he surprised our Gram. She didn't think he was coming home for another week. They were talking on Skype when he walked into the room. It was a moment I'll never forget. She started crying as she held him. There wasn't a dry eye in the place. As my Gram would say, "precious".
So sweet!

Jesse and Ella

 Pigtails!! Any mom of a little girl is counting down the days until her hair is long enough to put in pig tails. We finally reached that milestone! The problem now is that she won't hold still. It sounds like someone is killing her, but it's worth it. Look how cute:

The next event in our lives was a visit from my friend, Christina. She brought her boyfriend, Lenny home for the very first time. Her visits are always such a joyous time, but never long enough. She needs to move home, I miss her.
Her visit inspired another major event for us: The Brellas spending their first night away from home. As we partied it up at Christina's family Christmas party our children were exhausting Matt's mom and stepfather!  I was never worried about the kiddos or my in-laws, but myself. I didn't call a million times or go and pick them up in the middle of the night (which might have happened once before when they were supposed to stay the night at my mom's house)! Go me!
Christina, Lenny and Ella

Christina, Lenny and Bradley

BFF!

I love that Christina and I lean into each other and the men just stand there because we are making them, priceless
Now you are all caught up! With Christmas right around the corner we'll have more to share soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment