Saturday, June 25, 2011

Our princess is walking!!!!

We reached another milestone this morning!! We have two TODDLERS! Bradley has been walking since 14 months (I tried to get video, but failed) and Ella have been very content crawling (she's fast, so I understand why she didn't see the need to stand up).
For the last 2 weeks she been making me "walk" with her everywhere, you know, I hold her hands and she walks. Even at the zoo, it took forever to see all the animals because we were walking at her pace! My back has been killing me due to the hunching. So, two days ago my mom and I tried to get Ella to walk back and forth between us (in an effort to save my aching back) and she would take 1 or 2 steps and fall into the other person. Not really walking, but getting there.
This morning I wanted to show Matt her new "trick", so we sat about 2 feet apart and let her attempt to walk back and forth. To my surprise she really started to get the hang of it, so I moved back. She started really walking, so I moved back more and more until she was walking across the entire room! We are so proud, we've been waiting for this moment for quite some time!
Now when people ask if she's walking I don't have to deal with the concerned looks about her development (a 16 month old not walking, gasp) and can just proudly say, "yes"!

No comments:

Post a Comment