Monday, September 12, 2011

My better half!

It is pretty much known that this blog is not authored by our entire family, but by me, mom and wife. Therefore, you get to learn a lot about me, but not so much about my wonderful husband and the Brellas daddy. So, this post is dedicated to him.

Matthew Oakley Eckert is one of the greatest people I have ever known, he's intelligent, loving, hardworking and passionate. At the same time he has the ability to drive me absolutely out of my mind. What more could I ask for? 

Some little known facts about Matt:

  • He loves, loves, loves Notre Dame (the college itself and of course FOOTBALL). Most of this I'm sure comes from his faith as a cradle Catholic.
  • He hides the fact that he is super smart, he's an engineer after all!
  • His favorite movie is "The Goonies", he even owns a piece of the house they filmed it in. As I told him I was writing this post and talking about this movie he lifted up his shirt to show me his "Goonies" undershirt, now that's a true fan.
  • He totally got me hooked on the T.V. show, "Love in the Wild", yet I'm not allowed to watch, "The Bachelor" because it's stupid.
  • He named his dog after camping gear.
  • He wanted to name our first born son, King.
  • He prays with our children every night before they go to sleep.
  • His first girlfriend was named Laura (So was his last!).
  • He is privy to information that he could tell me, but then he'd have to kill me.
  • His reaction to my pregnancy was complete fear, but now he can't believe we didn't have them sooner. Best Daddy Ever!! 

   
My favorite picture, I love (and miss) his hair. He is pictured with Salazar in 2007
Matt with his brother, Casey. Boys are silly. 2008
In 2008, just a few months before he shaved his head.
Coleman, as in Coleman camping gear.
Graduation! December 2008
Proud Papa! Babies are 6 1/2 weeks old.
Babies are 3 months old!
Matt with Bradley.
Matt with Ella.
Matt sleeping on the job with Ella!
Cute! May 2011
He is very strong!
Tossing Ella!
Happy 36th Birthday!!

1 comment:

  1. Awww! How sweet.

    He's a pretty good son-in-law, too. :)

    ReplyDelete