Friday, July 23, 2010

Pony Rides!

We had such a busy and crazy weekend! My Aunt and Uncle live on a ranch in Elbert, CO. 60 acres of beautiful!! I was especially looking forward to going horseback riding, it's been almost 4 years (since I worked at Camp Bloomfield).
My Aunt breeds miniature horses, so the babies were able to have their first pony ride! In reality, they sat on the pony and we took pictures, but we'll tell them they rode ;). Ella was not a happy camper, she didn't like all the dust and the fact we were making her sit still. In the end she was a trooper and gave us a couple great pictures. Bradley was fine, until he realized he was hungry and lost all his composure about 2 minutes into the photo shoot. That's my boy!
Finally it was my turn and I loved it. I forgot how much I enjoyed riding. The only downside is that I'm short, so most stirrups don't shorten enough to be of any use. That means I have to hold on extra tight with my inner thighs if I don't want to fall off. Translation: I've been sore for days!!!! It was totally worth it.
Daddy and daughter
Future Girl of the West!
"What's going on over there?"

No comments:

Post a Comment